The Tuberculosis Clinic is located in the Specialty Clinic in the lower level of the Guy M. Tate Building at 1400 Sixth Avenue, South, Birmingham, AL. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 3:00pm and no appointment is necessary as we take appointments on a walk-in basis. The clinic offers TB screenings for anyone who thinks that he or she might have been exposed to Tuberculosis or anyone who may need the screening for employment or school. We also accept referrals for anyone who has tested positive for TB exposure.
Clinic services include:
- Tuberculin Skin Testing (available only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
- IGRA (blood) testing with the T-Spot.TB test
- Chest x-rays for anyone who has tested positive for TB exposure
- Treatment and management of latent TB infection
- Treatment and management of active tuberculosis
For more information about the Tuberculosis Program or the Clinic please contact the Tuberculosis Control Division at (205) 930-1570. For more information about Tuberculosis, please visit one of the following websites: