All Jefferson County Department of Health centers will delay opening (Wednesday, January 17, 2018) until 12:30 pm due to inclement weather.

Section Menu

Communal Living Facility (CLF) Permit Information


      • Communal Living Facility [CLF] permit application
      • Application for ALEA to release criminal background records to Health Department
        • ALEA background application requires a finger print card
      • Fire inspection report
      • Proof of ownership or leasehold
      • Floor plan of proposed CLF
      • Zoning approval
      • Approval from housing inspector

Applications (CLF Permit application and for ALEA) available here, or at the Food and Lodging Desk on the 2nd floor at the Jefferson County Department of Health.

Jefferson County Department of Health

1400 6th Avenue South

Birmingham, AL 35233

If you have questions please call the Food and Lodging Desk at (205) 930-1260