Make a Plan for Yourself, Family and Friends
- Make an Emergency Plan.
- Sign up for alerts and warnings in your area.
- Learn your evacuation zone and have an evacuation plan.
- Check your insurance coverage and review the Document and Insure Property guide.
- Plan financially for the possibility of disaster
Plan to Help Your Neighbor and Community
- Learn skills you need to help yourself and others until help can arrive.
- Take Until Help Arrives training.
- Check on your neighbors.
- Talk with your Power Company about utility safety.
- On National Prepareathon Day, Friday, September, 15, hold an event.
Practice and Build Out Your Plans
- Complete an Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK)
- Maintain emergency savings for use in case of an emergency
- Participate in an emergency drill
- Know how to access community resources (e.g., shelters, food banks)
Get Involved! Be a Part of Something Larger