In order to be seen in a Jefferson County Dept. of Health clinic for medical services (other than family planning services), you must be a resident of Jefferson County and provide proof of identity, residency, and income.
The following are examples of acceptable proofs for these categories:
- Proof of Identity Driver s License, Birth Certificate, Medicaid or Medicare Card, Employee/School Identification Badge, Social Security Card or Immunization Record;
- Proof of Residency A recent utility bill (water, gas, electric) addressed to you or your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor, Medicaid award letter, Lease/rental agreement, current rent receipt, etc. showing your address or an award letter from the Veteran’s Administration, Social Security or public assistance (DHR) that has your address and amount of award and is dated within the past 60 days;
- Proof of Household Income Recent pay stubs, copy of benefit check(Social Security, Unemployment. Worker’s Compensation), statement of earnings from employer, copy of tax return, bank statement for automatic deposit of income or an award letter (Veteran’s Administration, Social Security or DHR public assistance) that has your address and amount of award and is dated within the past 60 days;
- Proof of Medicaid, AllKids, Blue Cross or Medicare coverage
- We do not accept any other insurance including TriCare and Medicare HMO